Bent

Winterlicious is a word that will make all foodies wet.

That being said, I am SO excited to go this year! The the participating restaurants list has increased significantly from last year (since Summerlicious actually), which means I have an even longer list of places I want to try.

To kick off the start of Winterlicious, K and I went to Bent.  I've been a huge fan of Susur Lee ever since I saw a TV segment on him, which means I'm definitely a fan of his son *drools.




The venue was bright and and booming with a lively ambiance. The service was top notch as well; waiters/waitresses were well informed, super friendly and would wipe away all the spills and crumbs off your table after each dish.

Kai was very involved with his guests! He walked to almost every table to make conversation and to ensure that everyone was having a good time. Well, almost everyone. He never came to my table, sadly. Buuuuuut we made eye contact and it was wonderful~

Black Pepper Charred Salmon
Shrimp Ravioli with Scallops
Vanilla Panna Cotta & Crispy Hot Apple Purse

On the Winterlicious menu, you actually have a choice between 3 desserts, but when we got there, they gave us both! #happycamper.

Did I mention that I paid $18 for a cocktail? It was straight up alcohol in a cup. Now, if you know me, you know that I love my alcohol, and that it takes quite a bit for me to get drunk. 4 sips of this cocktail and I was already feeling tipsy! Our waitress told me that this was one of their less-boozey cocktails. I can't imagine what the other boozier ones taste like.

Although the food was amazing, the portions were quite small. I would definitely come back, but for their regular menu.

xox, 
Ly


--
Bent
777 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M6J 1V1

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!