Ramen Isshin + Kingyo

Judging by the title of this post, this post will be representing the man in me.

K and his dad decided to have a cute father son day date, and I decided to be a third wheel and tagged along.

We started off the day by having lunch at Ramen Isshin. I've eaten at a lot of ramen places in my lifetime, including the legit ones in Japan and let me tell you, this spot is my new favorite in Toronto. I've always liked Santouka, but this one hit the ball straight out of the park. The only downside is that they don't have gyoza....wtf man.


Shoyu Kotteri Ramen
I've never been to the auto show in my entire life. If you know K, you know that he is a huge car enthusiast. He can name any type of car and model just by looking at the friggen headlights.

Because of this, it is somewhat *expected* of me to know about cars too (at least, the ones that he likes).

Here are three of my faves from the show:
McLaren P1
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
Seee babe, I don't need your help in naming these cars! I did it all by myself #independent. How embarassing would it be if I named them wrong though >.>

***EDIT: I added "Berlinetta" to the Ferrari F12 and "Roadster" to the Lamborghini Aventador. K said I HAD to add the model name too -_-***

After the auto show, we headed over to Kingyo Izakaya for dinner and drinks. The owner, Koji Zenimaru, actually owns both Isshin Ramen and Kingyo Izakaya. We were just giving him all our money that day.



I ordered one of the daily special cocktails.
Couldn't find it on the menu online, but it had lychee and tasted like a soda!
Tako Wasabi + Nori
Maguro Carpaccio
Beef Tataki Salad
Famous “O-Sho Restaurant” Karaage with Magic Powder

The Legendary Chicken Wings by "Kinchan"
Stone Grilled Beef Tongue 
Ebi-Mayo
Kingyo Grilled Mackerel
Finished it off with a complimentary vase with flowers and 3 frozen grapes....
K asked the waitress if the grapes were edible and she said yes. LOL
Finished it off with a complimentary vase with flowers and 3 frozen grapes....K asked the waitress if the grapes were edible and she said yes. LOL


xox,
Ly


--
Ramen Isshin
421 College St, Toronto, ON M5T

Kingyo
51B Winchester Street, Toronto, ON, M4X 1R7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!