TFW FW14

*There is an excessive amount of photos in this post! You've been warned.*


You may remember my post last season about being backstage for Laura Siegel's S/S 14 show at Toronto Fashion Week on my second day as an intern. It was such a cool experience for me, since it was my first time attending. Most of the time I was just helping out with whatever I could and just trying not to get in the way of other people.

Ever since that day, I've been assisting Laura in preparing for this season's show, which was insanely hectic. After months of prepping and running around, the day of the show finally came.


The front of the tents where people check in.
My backstage pass & a Maybelline chocolate bar that Talia stole for me <3
Maybelline's Nail & Lipstick bar. Get glammed up while you wait for the show!
Freshen up with some Peroni drinks
Or get a drink at the Ritz Bar
They even provided food from The Ritz Carlton!
Now for some real behind the scenes action:
Models lined up, waiting for their hair & makeup to be done.
Rows and rows of hair and makeup stations 
One of our models getting their makeup touched up.
Getting the clothes steamed and organized by model.
Knitting away!
We decided last minute that we needed a cream knit scarf in the show. Ali was literally knitting right up until the start of the show.
The dynamic duo/best bosses ever! Laura Siegel herself and Carmen T. 
Stylist Talia Brown looking fab in her LS gear. I love this girl! She is so fun to talk to.
A huge thanks to White Castle Blue Jeans for providing us with pieces that helped bring our concept to life on the runway!
Time flew by and it was time for the show! Here were some of my favourite looks from the show: (Pictures were taken from The Collections' Facebook page. You can see more pictures here)







After the show, we had some of the models pose for pictures with media and interviewers.






And that's a wrap! It was such an amazing show! All of our hard work paid off and we had a great team working with us. This time around I was so much more involved and it was a huge learning experience for me.

My time here at Laura Siegel is quickly coming to an end, but I've learned so much and have met so many great people in this industry. I am so proud of Laura and Carmen, they've come so far! I will be more than happy to help them out any time they need me in the future. I know they're going to make it big some day. 

Wishing all you aspiring designers and artists the best of luck.

xox,
Ly


2 comments:

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!