SCHOOL + 7 Enoteca

I love brunch. Whoever thought of this whole breakfast and lunch mashup should be crowned King (or Queen) of the foodie universe. It's just one of those simple things in life that are worth waking up for.

For Elizabeth's 22nd birthday, I decided to take her out and spend the day with her. First, I took her to SCHOOL Restaurant for brunch.


SCHOOL unfortunately does not take any reservations, so it's a first come first serve basis. We went on a Saturday afternoon and waited about 45 mins to be seated.

All the clocks are magically frozen at 3:30.

Catty photobombing my picture...
Second attempt
Bored from the wait #selfie

We were finally seated and by that point we were starving. I wish I took a photo of the menu because it was so cute! It was on lined paper attached to a clipboard. You can catch a small glimpse of it in the beautiful photo of liz above. SCHOOL was so delicious! I definitely recommend this place. Groups of 4 or less is probably best, as the place is on the smaller side. On my next visit, I want to try either the Heuvos 101 or Chicken & Waffles.

Cinnamon Caramel Latte 
Super Cheesy Cheddar Bacon French Toast
After brunch we went to Queen St. and did a little retail therapy. I was SO close to getting a parking ticket because we ended up roaming around for longer than I expected. Luckily the parking enforcer guy was just starting the row of cars before mine :') As Michael would say; blessed.

For dinner, we headed up to Oakville to a restaurant called 7 Enoteca. It's a really cute brick oven pizzeria.


The Ellen selfie

I love them. They're so good looking unnnnf. Kristen & Michael shared some calamari.

My pizza! I totally forgot what this is called, but it started with an S.

Poor Franny. He ordered tortellini off of the Specials menu and the look on his face just says it all. #PortionControl

I really liked the pizza at 7! The environment was a little snooty, and our server told some really bad jokes. Other than that, I think that it was a really good experience and I would probably come back with K or my girls, but the group that I went with is too rowdy for somewhere like that.

So we went to our headquarters (BR), where we could be ourselves in our natural habitat.

Imitating other people's selfie poses.
Franny had fun posing for our mini photo shoot:

"If you can't be famous, be infamous!" - Words of wisdom
I had such a fun night with my ex co-workers. These are some of the most amazing people that I've grown really close with in such a short amount of time. Liz and I don't get to hang out often, but she's one of those people who are so genuine and easy to talk to. We can always just pick up where we last left off. I tolerate her and all of the people above. That means a lot.

I never know how to end these posts so...bye!

xox,
Ly


--
SCHOOL
70 Fraser Ave, Toronto, ON M6K 3E1

7 Enoteca
216 Lakeshore Rd E, Oakville, ON L6J 7N9

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!