Phillip Lim x Target

Madness.

That pretty much sums up my first experience lining up for a Target collaboration. The girls and I woke up around 6:15 am and made sure to get to our nearest Target by 7 am. By the time we got there, roughly around 20 people had already lined up. In case you didn't know, Target opens at 8 am and we live in a pretty suburban area, so we figured an hour was early enough.

We were wrong. Chaos reigned as soon as the doors opened.

Naturally, we all headed towards the table of bags as they were the most coveted. We had planned earlier to grab as many things as we could and split them amongst ourselves at the end.


Darwin's evolution theory went out the window at this point. All civility was lost; women returned into crouching, bent over australopithecines, grunting and grabbing as much as they could. It was every woman for herself. If you weren't stronger, bigger and faster, you would get nothing.

Natural selection: 1
Evolution theory: 0


Luckily, we all made it out alive with 1 bag each. Angela did not get the mini trapeze bag that she originally wanted so we hustled 2 other bags for her.

Our Phillip Lim for Target haul:
Qing and I: Mini Trapeze in taupe
Vivian: Mini Satchel in taupe
Angela: Mini Satchel in black and taupe
Here's a closer look at my bag:
Mini Trapeze. Taupe. Gold hardware. Handles with shoulder strap included.
Vivian and I forced ourselves to hit the gym after the strenuous morning activities were over, as tired as we were. We rewarded ourselves to Nando's afterwards, sporting the new bags that we put our blood sweat and tears into.


I'm very happy with my purchase. Lining up and going HAM was such an adrenaline rush. I'm excited to line up for more collaborations. I now know how to combat a collaboration for next time:

1. Go earlier than early
2. Go to a secluded location
3. Call ahead to find out if that location carries the line
4. Running shoes > flats
5. Elbows are your best weapon

Stay civilized, girls.

xox,
Ly

1 comments:

  1. Ahhh so much beauty in one picture - all the bags look so good together haha

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!