Gyugyuya + Millie Creperie

I love curry. Indian curry, Thai curry, Japanese curry...I'll eat them all. When Gyugyuya, a Japanese curry restaurant, opened up in Toronto, I obviously had to give it a try.




Before I went to Japan last May, the only Japanese curry I had eaten was the one I made from the S&B Golden Curry box and the one that K's dad made, which I thought was pretty good. In Japan, K and I went to Cocoichi Curry House and holy shit. Not only can you pick what type of toppings/meat you want, you can pick the size, spice level and also the curry sauce base (pork, beef, chicken). Bomb-diggity. Unlimited fukujinzuke, a pickled veggie that you're supposed to eat with curry, too.


Katsu Kare
At Gyugyuya, you only have the choice to choose your topping. There is a standard curry sauce that is used for all dishes and only one size for all, unless you get that king sized dish where it's a double serving. Fukujinzuke was like $0.70 or something, which is ridiculous! Overall, I would say it's the best you can get in Toronto. 9/10.


Green Tea Parfait
We then headed over to Millie Creperie in Chinatown to grab some more Japanese yummies. I got the Green Tea Parfait, which contained green tea ice cream, matcha sauce, azuki, corn flakes, whipped cream, strawberries and pocky sticks. I would have ordered the green tea crepe but I was way too full from lunch.

Until next time!

xox,
Ly


--
Gyugyuya
177 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5G 1C7

Millie Creperie
161 Baldwin St, Toronto, ON M5T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!