El Catrin + Bakerbots + Mildred's

Happy August! In July, I crossed off 3 places off my list.


The first was El Catrin.
The girls and I went here to celebrate Angela's 22nd birthday!


Angela and I decided to share so that we could try everything we wanted. We ordered the Ensalada Distileria, AtĂșn Ceviche, Baja fish tacos and Flauta De Res (all pictured above).

For drinks, we ordered a pitcher of the Watermelon Frutas Fresca. El Catrin is great for drinks, they have a selection of over 120 brands of tequila!
Mis Amigas
After dinner, we walked off our food coma and explored the Distillery.



For dessert, we opted for Bakerbots.
It's very similar to Bang Bang Ice Cream. Apparently the owners were married, but split up the 2 businesses amongst them when they separated. :(



Birthday Cookie + Cinnamon Toast ice cream
On a separate day, some of the girls and I went out for brunch at Mildred's Temple Kitchen.
They have a quaint patio where you can enjoy your meal. We opted to eat inside.

 Everyone ordered Veda's Choice, which is poached eggs with BĂ©arnaise sauce on a flakey croissant. You have the option to include either smoked salmon or bacon in it. I chose the smoked salmon.

We all wanted to try their famous blueberry pancakes too, so we shared. Their pancakes were so incredibly fluffy and airy. The whipped cream was a dream (hey, that rhymed).
The interior of Mildred's
I would definitely visit all three places again,.

xox,
Ly


--
El Catrin
18 Tank House Ln, Toronto, ON M5A 3C4

Bakerbots
205 Delaware Ave, Toronto, ON M6H

Mildred's Temple Kitchen

85 Hanna Ave, Toronto, ON M6K 3S3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!