Grand Electric + Lucky Red

This summer was the summer of good eats for me.
If you don't know by now, Mexican food is one of my absolute favourite cuisines.

The girls and I went to Grand Electric for some tacos back in August. (#laterpost)


We started off with the Spicy Squid appetizer. This is definitely a dish that you must try! The spiciness isn't too intense; it was on a mild to medium level.

Different hot sauce options offered at Grand Electric.
Beef Cheek Tacos. These were not the best, but it wasn't too bad either. The beef was very juicy, which can get a bit messy.

 Baja Fish Tacos. This one was delicious! But then again, how could you F*** up fish tacos?


Pork Belly Tacos. BEWARE! It doesn't state on the menu that this taco is spicy. It is INTENSELY spicy, especially the pineapple chunks.

Although Grand Electric's menu is on the smaller side, their dishes are full of flavour and are on the cheaper side, for $3.60 per taco.

The last stop before summer ended was Lucky Red; a quaint establishment on Spadina, from the same makers of Banh Mi Boys.





Bulgogi Tacos, Pork Belly Baos, Grilled Chicken Banh Mi & BBQ Chicken Baos.
At Lucky Red, you can choose to have your bao Baked or Steamed. I personally prefer the steamed baos because the texture is extremely soft and fluffy. The baked bao has a texture similar to a bagel. They also have Banh Mi, Tacos and tons of sides such as Kimchi Fries, Tofu Fries and Rice Balls.

I would not recommend the BBQ Chicken. It contains a spice called "7spice" that adds a weird flavouring and after taste.

Their pork belly bao is to DIE for! I am currently salivating thinking about it. The pork belly melts in your mouth, and the combination of the picked radish and carrots add a refreshing crunch to the bao.



Look forward to more of my food missions in the fall/winter!

xox,
Ly


--
Grand Electric
1330 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M6K 1L4

Lucky Red

318 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, ON M5T 2E7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!