Barrio Coreano

How could you say no to Korean x Mexican fusion cuisine?

Barrio Coreano is Playa Cabana's newest baby; the 4th addition to the family of Mexican cuisine. Located in Korea Town, this hip restaurant offers non-traditional Mexican dishes with bold Korean flavours.


To start, K and I ordered the Salsa & Chips. I feel like you can tell if a Mexican restaurant is good or not from the salsa! The cocktail I ordered was Cuban Julep, which includes rum, lime, mint, soda and tons of ice. Super refreshing!

Next up: Kumamoto oysters. These were smaller than I expected, however the oysters were incredibly fresh and there was no fishy taste or grainy texture.

We ordered the Grilled Kalbi Beef Ribs to share. The soft tacos we ordered were Baja with napa cabbage slaw, Chicken Kampungki with wasabi aioli, and Pulpo Al Carbon (grilled octopus) with chipotle salsa.

Mismatched furniture, stripped paint and exposed brick walls create a rustic and unique decor. The atmosphere is dimly lit and booming with a lively ambiance.


Some tips for dining at Barrio Coreano:

  • Smaller groups are best.
  • Eat your tacos before they get soggy...I let my tacos sit for too long because I was too busy taking pictures!
  • Make reservations, even during weekdays. We came on a Wednesday night and it was pretty packed.

xox,
Ly

--
Barrio Coreano
642 Bloor St W, Toronto, ON M6G 1K9

2 comments:

  1. Thanks ! Very informative, I will definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!