Nome Izakaya

I have a thing for Izakayas.
I love all tapas restaurants actually. The girls and I decided to celebrate the end of our fall semester by going out for some yummy asian tapas and drinks at Nome Izakaya.

{Disclaimer: The lighting in the restaurant is not the best for photo taking. Sorry for the poor picture quality! I did my best to edit them nicely.}

Korean Style Beed Sashimi -Tartar (Yuké)
At first, when this dish arrived at the table we were all a little scared. I've had the traditional seared beef sashimi, but I've never had it like this before. A bowl of thinly sliced raw beef with a raw egg yolk on top. When mixed together, the flavour is quite pleasant and sweet! 
We enjoyed this dish the best!
Takoyaki and Sashimi Mash
Grilled Marinated Squid 
Malpeque Oysters with an array of sauces to choose from. Buck-a-Shuck is on Tuesdays and Wednesdays! Oysters are only $1 all night.
Japanese Chicken Poppers (Kara-age) with a wasabi mayo.
Double Salmon Roll: Grilled salmon, lemon steamed asparagus, cucumber and avocados
with a horse radish sauce on top.
I forgot to take photos of the Tiger Shrimp (ebi-mayo) and we ordered it twice =o="

The delicious Yogurt Soju (1L) that we devoured.

Overall, Nome is a great place to get together with some friends to enjoy some Japanese/Korean style food and drinks. The ambiance is lively and fun. There is also a live DJ that plays around 9:30pm on Fridays to pump up the vibe some more. This is my third time here and will not be the last!


xox,
Ly


--
Nome Izakaya
4848 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M2N 5N2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!