Los Colibris

My final stop for this season's 'licious event was to Los Colibris.
Los Colibris is an upscale Mexican restaurant, across from David Pecaut Square.
The restaurant is split into 3 parts: private dining, bar/lounge and the main dining room. 

On the night we visited, the only menu that was offered was the Winterlicious menu, so if you would like to order off of the main menu, I suggest you call ahead to check if it is offered.


Guacamole with pomegranate, taro chips and house-made tortilla.
The pomegranate added a refreshing and citrusy taste to the guacamole. I really enjoyed the taro chips and felt that the house-made chips were a little on the saltier side.


Empanadas de Tinga
This empanada was stuffed with tender pulled chicken and topped off with salsa verde (my personal favourite type of salsa) and cotija cheese. My first ever empanada!

Albondigas en Abodo
Turkey meatballs served with rice and seasonal vegetables. This dish was notable for the sauce; a very mild butter chicken type of flavour.


Gelatina de Rompope
My least favourite; rum flavoured jello. I saw many posts of this on Instagram and the pretty presentation won me over. I am not a fan of alcohol flavoured anything, so I don't know why I thought this would be any different. 

Being a Mexican cuisine lover, I had a great experience at Los Colibris, despite the bitter ending.

xox,
Ly


--
Los Colibris
220 King St W, Toronto, ON M5H 1K4

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!