The Senator

A classic diner in the heart of Yonge and Dundas.

After seeing The Senator on Food Network's "You Gotta Eat Here!", I decided that I needed to give it a try, especially since it's so close to my school.



The diner has a retro vibe with Coca-Cola memorabilia scattered throughout. What makes it different from other diners is that they are proudly Canadian! They use organic milk and beef from local farms in Ontario, 100% Canadian cheddar and Swiss cheeses, pure maple syrup and organic honey produced in Caledon.

Their coffee is freshly roasted and delivered twice a week from Dark City Coffee, a local supplier that will roast your beans a few hours before delivery! 



A huge cup for my latte.
Senator Burger and Macaroni and Cheese
For lunch, Vi and I decided to share our dishes because we both wanted a burger and mac and cheese. The patty was perfectly cooked; medium well and super juicy! The aged Cheddar cheese gave the mac and cheese a sharp taste, and the bread crumbs gave the creamy dish a nice contrasting texture.

If you're in the neighbourhood and you're looking for some comfort food, be sure to stop by The Senator to experience a true Canadian diner!

xox,
Ly


--
The Senator
249 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON M5B 1V8

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful! I will definitely check it out next time I'm in Toronto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!