Mickey's Pizza

Mmm pizza. 


I don't know anyone who dislikes pizza. This week I crossed off Mickey's Pizza off my list!



Mickey's is best known for their Chicago style deep dish pizzas. They also have a thin crust pizza for those of you who aren't a fan of the deep dish. 



There are 4 simple steps in building your pizza according to Mickey's:

  1. Relax.
  2. Pick your style and size - Killer King Dragon (Chicago deep dish style) or Traditional (grilled thin crust)
  3. Build your pizza - They have a list of their signature pizzas or you can choose your own toppings. They also offer vegetarian and halal options!
  4. Add a drizzle/dip - They have 5 sauces that they make in-house: Classic Dragon, BBQ/Ranch, Chipotle, Cilantro Garlic and Creamy Garlic. You can either drizzle this on top for free or on the side for $0.50.

K and I called in and ordered ahead, since it takes about 30-45 minutes to make. My all-time favourite pizza is Hawaiian! 


The toppings for Hawaiian pizza at Mickey's included pineapple, bacon, ham and mango. At first, I wasn't so sure about the mango topping, but the sweetness from the mango and pineapple was a nice balance to the savoury and saltiness of the bacon, ham and cheese.

What I also really liked about the pizza was that the tomato sauce was added last, which made the pizza less soggy and more firm!


The dough was soft and fluffy on the inside, yet crispy on the outside. Usually with deep dish pizzas they leave your hands feeling quite greasy, but this one did not.

The downside is that Mickey's Pizza has a premium price point compared to their main competitors such as Pizza Pizza and Pizza Hut. There is also only one location in Mississauga (near Lakeshore) and once they run out, they will close early. They don't deliver either, so you will have to pick up your pizza if you call in.

Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone who loves pizza! I will definitely come back again.

xox,
Ly


--
Mickey's Pizza
1900 Lakeshore Rd W, Mississauga, ON L5J 1J7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!