Terroni (Queen)

One of our best girlfriends graduated this year, and to celebrate we wanted to take her out for a grad dinner.
We decided to go to Terroni, a traditional Italian restaurant. We opted for the Queen Street location since they had a nice patio!


Terroni also sells their own pastas and sauces!



I couldn't get a picture of the whole patio, but it is absolutely stunning! There is a large tree in the middle, with lights hanging down from the branches. There is also a wall of leaves diving the patio from the kitchen space.


 To start, we ordered the Carpaccio di Manzo, which is thinly sliced raw beef tenderloin with arugula, parmigano reggiano, olive oil and lemon juice.

Cat and I couldn't decide on whether we wanted pizza or pasta, so we decided to share. I ordered the Ravioli di Zio Paperone. It's ravioli stuffed with fig, duck confit, butternut squash and sautéed with parmigiano, oyster and button mushrooms. Cathy ordered the Santo Stefano pizza (not pictured).




The portions for the pasta dishes were quite small for the price.The best bang for your buck would have to be their pizzas! One pizza can definitely be shared amongst 2 people.

The service here was not the greatest, but it might have been because we sat on the patio. The drink menu is also very confusing. If you do not understand Italian, the drink menu will be a lot to take in. There are many pages and not many descriptions about the drinks. Qing and I ordered the Bellini since it was the only thing we knew on the menu.

Another thing was that there were...rats. Okay, I know that it's Toronto and it's inevitable to have rats due to the subways etc. but seriously! You'd get freaked out too if there was a kitten-sized rat casually walking across the patio, oblivious to the people around it. 

Qing and I went to the washroom, so I did not see it when Sarah and Vi did initially. While they were telling us about it, I was looking at the area that they claimed to have seen it and sure enough, it came back for an encore.

The waitress noticed that we were in distress and told us to go inside to pay if "it bothers you that much". Rude.

All in all, I'm glad I got to finally cross this off my list. I would like to come back for their pizza, perhaps at a different location.

Eat on, my food babies!

xox,
Ly


--
Terronni (Queen)
720 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M6J 1E8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!