Bangkok Garden

Summerlicious is back!
My first stop was to Bangkok Garden.  

My mom really loved the whole 'licious event when I took her to Toula last winter, so I gave her the list of restaurants this time around and she picked this place out.


The interior of the restaurant was beautiful. The ceilings, framework and the walls were all made out of carved wood.



Appetizer: PEI Mussels
 My brother and I each had a glass of the Jackson Triggs Sauvignon Blanc. The mussels were seasoned with lemongrass, lime leaves, fresh herbs, kha root and infused in the tom yum broth.
Main: Stir Fried Red curry Tofu & Curried Tiger Shrimp Pad Thai
Mom and I shared our mains. They were both OK. The red curry tofu was a bit salty, and I've had better pad thai at Jing Thai and even Thai Express.


Dessert: Pandanus Rice
I really liked the dessert! It was a Pandanus flavoured sticky rice with coconut cream & mango ice cream.

Here are the overall stats:

Price: $25 Dinner
Ambiance: Romantic, Casual. Very Laid back!
Service: We went on a Monday night. They had 1 server in the section we sat in, so service was a little slow.
Food: 6/10. Not bad, but not exceptional. I've had better and cheaper Thai food.
Re-visit?: No.

Stay tuned for my other Summerlicious experiences!

xox,
Ly


--
Bangkok Garden
18 Elm St, Toronto, ON M5G 1G7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram feed

About

I can be found wandering around the GTA.

Food is a universal language that brings people together and is fuel for the body and soul. Food, to me, is comforting, exciting and my favourite part of every day.

If you can't decide where or what you would like to eat, I hope that my blog will give you some ideas and make you salivate!